Connections

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Baader-Meinhof Complex

The movie we watched on Monday was... interesting.  There were some things that I didn't really like about the movie.  There were so many characters to keep up with and I never knew who was who and who was doing what.  I really like that we got to watch the movie in German.  I really like being able to watch the movie in the language it was produced.  It made me feel like the movie was more unique than the movies we are all used to watching here.  I understand that the movie had a lot of characters and that they were all demonstrating for the same cause but I just found it very confusing.  The movie had a lot of unique situation and scenes.  One of my favorite scenes was when they left the country to train.  I think it was funny how they were naked on the roof and all the men were staring at them.  The movie was informational, never boring and kept my attention.  It was a very long movie, but by the time I looked at the clock, it was already 7 and I was still hooked.  I think it was a great idea to show this movie to the class.  I think when most people think about terrorists and violence, they think of the middle east, which is sad but true.  I'm glad that we got the opportunity to see how violence around the world is different and how it has changed from over the years.  Overall, I enjoyed the movie and would definetly watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment